FT91 Homogenisation Sub-Systems
The FT90 and FT91 are complete in-line homogenisation subsystems for use with Armfield miniature-scale food processing equipment. The FT90 is based on an APV 1000 homogeniser and the FT91 is based on a Niro Twin Panda.
Both homogenisers have been specifically optimised for laboratory and pilot scale applications. The units include controls, comprehensive instrumentation, valves, pipework, pulsation dampers, datalogging and all facilities required for operation and process integration with other Armfield equipment. They can also be operated as stand alone units.
This unit have been specifically developed to provide a simple and complete solution for inline homogenisation in conjunction with the Armfield FT74X/FT74XTS range of miniature-scale processing equipment. Including homogeniser, pulsation dampers, a stainless steel control cabinet plus the required control valves, pipework and instrumentation all mounted within a stainless steel frame.
Hand-wheel adjustment is provided for both stages of homogenisation pressure. The homogenisation pump speed is electronically controlled from the control console, and a manually adjustable divert valve is used to compensate for any inequalities between the flow rate from the FT74X/FT74XTS and the homogeniser, or any fluctuations in these flows.
The homogenising valves, and the seats and balls of the pump valves, are manufactured from a hard wearing ceramic material, stellite. The pulsation dampers are located upstream and downstream of the homogeniser to provide smooth flow on both sides. The pulsation dampers are non-pressurised and can be easily dismantled for cleaning.
The stainless steel control console includes displays for the homogenisation pressure (both stages on FT90), for product temperature and for product process pressure. The outputs from all the sensors, together with the pump speed, are also made available on an integral USB interface. The software provided with the FT90 and FT91 enables this data to be fully integrated with that from an FT74X/FT74XTS datalogger, with a single display screen, single data table, and options to graphically display any or all of the data from either system.
The FT90 and FT91 are supplied with all necessary equipment, interconnecting hoses, homogeniser tools etc for trouble-free integration and operation.
Unit Specifications FT90 FT91
Homogeniser: APV 1000 Niro Twin Panda 600
Throughput: Adjustable: 8-22 l/hr 10-30 l/hr
Max 1st stage 1000 Bar 600Bar
Homogenisation temperature: 105°C max 90°C max
Max sterilisation 130°C 140°C
temperature (30 mins):
Pump power: 3 kW 1.5 kW
No. of pistons: 1 off 2 off
Features & Benefits
- In-line homogenisation for trial quantities and miniature-scale processing
- Simple integration with existing Armfield plant
- Can be used as stand alone
- Uses scale-down valve technology which ensures the results are representative of production-scale processing
- Complete Homogenisation Subsystems
- Configurable for upstream or downstream homogenisation
- Variable throughput
- Two stage homogenisation with adjustable pressure (1000bar)
- Twin pistons (FT91) or single piston (FT90)
- Pulsation dampers included
- Comprehensive instrumentation includes product temperature, product line pressure, homogenisation pressure and pump speed
- All these parameters are displayed on the control console and available for datalogging via the integral USB datalogger
- Datalogging software seamlessly integrates the data with the data from the FT74XA and similar heat treatment unit
- Adjustable divert facility for easy integration into continuous flow processes
- Complete with interconnection hoses
- Can be sterilised and used in an Aseptic system
You need to be registered to download this. Click here to continue.
Electrical supply: (see Ordering Codes)
- Water or steam: for lubrication (FT90 only)
- Steam (sterile operation only)
Unit FT90 Unit FT91
Volume: 1.8m3 1.8m3
Gross weight: 238Kg 240Kg
Unit FT90 Unit FT91
Length: 1.0m 1.1m
Width: 0.95m 0.90m
Height: 1.15m 1.05m
- FT90-E 380-415V/3ph/50Hz 3.5 kW
- FT90-F 220V/3ph/60Hz 3.5 kW
- FT91-A 220-240V/1ph/50Hz 2 kW
- FT91-G 230V/1ph/60Hz 2 kW