FS-3.3 – Fluid Science Cross Flow
The FS-3.3 Fluid Science Cross Flow Heat Exchanger tray includes experimentation to demonstrate indirect heating or cooling by transfer of heat from hot water to air (fluid to air heat transfer) in a cross flow heat exchanger
The Fluid Science range is an innovative suite of products designed to enable students to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics and Thermo Fluids by the process of learning via hands-on experimentation.
The high precision elements are supplied as modular tray-based systems which operate in conjunction with the Fluid Science service unit, multifunctional work panel and instrumentation enabling the student to conduct their own individual or group experiments.
The experiments are supplied with a highly visual user-friendly operational guide, allowing the students to understand the theory of the subject by the application of practical experimentation.
The FS-3.3 Fluid Science Cross Flow Heat Exchanger tray includes experimentation to demonstrate indirect heating or cooling by transfer of heat from hot water to air (fluid to air heat transfer) in a cross flow heat exchanger.
The tray introduces students to concepts such as heat transfer coefficients, thermal resistances, controlling resistance and heat transfer driving forces. The heat exchanger can be used in a co-current or counter-current configuration.
- Material: Copper
- Tube height: 2.1mm OD
- Tube width: 13.3mm OD
- Tube length: 11cm
- Number of tubes: 12 (6 passes)
- Material: Copper
- Fin spacing: 1.6mm
- Fin thickness: 0.11mm
- Fin length: 3.72mm
- Water in
- Water out
- Air in
- Air out
Features & Benefits
- Fully mobile solution
- Each service unit can be used as either a hot or cold-water supply
- Quick connect couplings for easy connection to experiment modules, self-sealing on supply unit to minimise water loss
- Digital manometer and thermometer provided with service unit
- Low voltage within the supply unit to protect users
- Applied student learning via experimentation
- Common service unit can be used for either hot or cold-water supply
- Toolless assembly
- Designed to be highly visual and simple to use
- Quick setup
- Suitable for both classroom, laboratory and mobile environments
- To demonstrate indirect heating or cooling by transfer of heat from hot water to air
- To perform an energy balance across the cross flow heat exchanger
- To calculate the overall heat transfer coefficient for a cross flow heat exchanger
- To investigate the effect of changes in the water flow rate on the temperature efficiencies and overall heat transfer coefficients
Fluid Science Range
- FS-1.1 Flow Measurement
- FS-1.2 Energy Losses – Straight pipes
- FS-1.3 Energy Losses – Bends
- FS-2.1 Manometer – Inclined
- FS-2.2 Manometer – U tube
- FS-3.1 Heat Exchanger – Shell and tube
- FS-3.2 Heat Exchanger – Tubular
- FS-3.4 Heat Exchanger – Plate
- FS-4.1 Fluidised bed
FS-SU Fluid Science Service Unit
- 100-240V/1 Phase, 50-60Hz
- Level surface
- FS experiment trays
Initial fill of 5ltrs water.
Drain to empty water away once experiment is complete.
During use, water supply or drainage are not required.
PACKED AND CRATED SHIPPING SPECIFICATIONS
Net weight: 2.15kg
Gross Weight: TBC
DIMENSIONS SET UP