FS-SU Fluid Science Service Unit
The Fluid Science Service Unit FS-SU is designed to be used in conjunction with the fluid science experiments offered by Armfield. The unit incorporates a pump and rotameter to vary the water flow rate and a heating system.
The built-in safety features of the unit include a thermal cut out that prevents the hot water circuit exceeding 55°c and a low voltage water resistant power supply unit.
The Fluid Science Service Unit FS-SU is designed to be used in conjunction with the fluid science experiments offered by Armfield. The unit incorporates a pump and rotameter to vary the water flow rate and a heating system. The built-in safety features of the unit include a thermal cut out that prevents the hot water circuit exceeding 55°c and a low voltage water resistant power supply unit.
The Fluid Science range is Ce certified for Worldwide use, an innovative suite of products designed to enable student to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics and Thermo Fluids by the process of learning via hands-on experimentation.
The high precision elements are supplied as modular tray-based systems which operate in conjunction with the Fluid Science service unit, multifunctional work panel and instrumentation enabling the student to conduct their individual or group experiments.
The experiments are supplied with a highly visual user-friendly operational guide, allowing the students to understand the theory of the subject by the application of practical experimentation. The range includes experiments ranging from simple flow measurements, losses in hydraulic circuits through to more complex heat exchanger processes.
Water Operational temperature range: Ambient to 55°C (131°F)
Water Flow Rate: 0–3.5 litres/minute
Water Volume: 5 litres
Measuring range: -200°C to 1372°C (-328°F to 2501°F)
Measuring range: +/- 103.42 kPa
Hardwired thermal cut out switch to prevent over temperature of water
Operating Voltage: 24vDC power supply
PSU voltage: 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50-60Hz
IP65 rated CE certified for Worldwide use.
Features & Benefits
- Integrated Pump
- Integrated flowmeter with needle valve
- Each service unit can be used as either a hot or cold-water supply
- Quick connect couplings for easy connection to experiment modules, self-sealing on supply unit to minimise water loss
- Digital Manometer and Thermometer provided
- Bespoke system for experimental modules that reduces the risk of spillage
- Low voltage within the supply unit to protect users
- Applied student learning via experimentation
- Common service unit can be used for either hot or cold water supply
- Tool-less assembly
- Built in thermal cut-out to prevent overheating
- Low voltage 24vDC power supply
- Manual control for in depth student learning
The entire FS Fluid Science range is designed to work with the service unit. See individual FS datasheets for specific demonstration experimental capabilities
Fluid Science Trays – Sold separately
- FS-1.1 – Flow Measurement
- FS-1.2 – Energy Losses – Straight pipes
- FS-1.3 – Energy Losses – Bends
- FS-2.2 – Manometer – U tube
- FS-3.1 – Heat Exchanger – Shell and tube
- FS-3.2 – Heat Exchanger – Tubular
- FS-3.3 – Heat Exchanger – Cross flow
- FS-3.4 – Heat Exchanger – Plate
- FS-4.1 – Fluidised bed
One of the range of Fluid Science trays
- 100-240V/1 Phase, 50-60Hz
- Level Surface
FS Experiment Trays Initial fill of 5ltrs water. Drain to empty water away once experiment is complete. During use, water supply or drainage are not required.
Packed and crated shipping specifications
Net weight: 7.7Kg (inc. power supply) (Subject to change)
Gross weight: 8.5Kg (Subject to change)
Dimensions Stowed (excluding power supply)
Dimensions Set Up (excluding power supply)