EF-BU Base Unit
The Engineering Fundamentals range is designed to enable students to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of engineering by the process of learning via hands-on experimentation.
The unique multifunctional base unit (EF-BU) allows the student to carry out a variety of experiments covering Statics, Dynamics and Kinematics in 4 different configurations.
The base unit is easy to set up with no assembly tools needed. The screen-printed design includes a measuring scale to ensure repeatable exercises. The base unit can be set up horizontally, vertically and in inclined positions to suit experiment.
Features & Benefits
- Can be assembled in vertical (landscape and portrait), inclined and horizontal configurations (clear assembly instructions provided for each)
- Tool-less assembly
- Base Unit backboard has a screen-printed grid reference which all assembly instructions refer to for the location of parts
- Screen-printed design also includes a measuring scale to help identify correct length thumb screws etc
- Sturdy common base for assembling all EF experiments to
- Improve the student’s dexterity by self-assembly with graphical instructions provided
- Simple grid reference system to assist with assembly of experiments
- Measuring scale included on backboard
- Flat-pack for easy storage
The entire EF range is designed to work with the Base Unit.
See EF Experiment data sheets for specific Demonstration / Instructional Capabilities relating to the Topic / Experiment tray
The workstation can be used as a demonstration platform at the front of
the classroom, but also doubles up as a storage unit for the experiment
trays and EF-BU Base Units.
Castors allow the entire Workstation and its contents to easily be
wheeled between classrooms.
The workstation can be configured to store:
– Up to 12 Base Units and a maximum of 18 trays
(2 Base Units occupy the space of 1 Tray).
– 12 Base Units and 12 trays.
– 18 trays if storing no Base Units.
A selection of the most commonly used parts in the EF range of kits,
provided in a durable storage tray which can easily be stored along
with the rest of the EF kits. By having a spares kit in the classroom,
experiments can be varied. In addition misplaced or damaged items
can be replaced quickly without any downtime.
Statics topic / experiment trays
– EF-1.1 – Forces
– EF-1.2 – Moments
– EF-1.3 – Beams
– EF-1.4 – Springs
– EF-1.5 – Torsion
Dynamics topic / experiment tray
– EF-2.2 – Simple Harmonic Motion
Kinematics topic / experiment trays
– EF-3.2 – Simple Mechanisms
– EF-WS – Workstation
– EF1-Spares – Spares
- EF- experiment tray/s to build experiments. See selection under related products
- Level and stable work surface to mount the EF-BU upon. The optional EF-WS is ideal for this if no suitable desk or benchis available
Packed and crated shipping specifications
Gross weight: 10Kg
Note: The dimensions given are for the Base Unit in its flat
- EF-BU – Base Unit
- EF-WS – Workstation (optional)
- EF Topic experiment trays (see related products for ordering codes)