EF-BU Base Unit
The Engineering Fundamentals range is designed to enable students to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of engineering by the process of learning via hands-on experimentation.
The unique multifunctional base unit (EF-BU) allows the student to carry out a variety of experiments covering Statics, Dynamics and Kinematics in 4 different configurations.
The base unit is easy to set up with no assembly tools needed. The screen-printed design includes a measuring scale to ensure repeatable exercises. The base unit can be set up horizontally, vertically and in inclined positions to suit experiment.
Features & Benefits
- Can be assembled in vertical (landscape and portrait), inclined and horizontal configurations (clear assembly instructions provided for each)
- Tool-less assembly
- Base Unit backboard has a screen-printed grid reference which all assembly instructions refer to for the location of parts
- Screen-printed design also includes a measuring scale to help identify correct length thumb screws etc
- Sturdy common base for assembling all EF experiments to
- Improve the student’s dexterity by self-assembly with graphical instructions provided
- Simple grid reference system to assist with assembly of experiments
- Measuring scale included on backboard
- Flat-pack for easy storage
You need to be registered to download this. Click here to continue.
The entire EF range is designed to work with the Base Unit.
See EF Experiment data sheets for specific Demonstration / Instructional Capabilities relating to the Topic / Experiment tray
The workstation can be used as a demonstration platform at the front of
the classroom, but also doubles up as a storage unit for the experiment
trays and EF-BU Base Units.
Castors allow the entire Workstation and its contents to easily be
wheeled between classrooms.
The workstation can be configured to store:
– Up to 12 Base Units and a maximum of 18 trays
(2 Base Units occupy the space of 1 Tray).
– 12 Base Units and 12 trays.
– 18 trays if storing no Base Units.
A selection of the most commonly used parts in the EF range of kits,
provided in a durable storage tray which can easily be stored along
with the rest of the EF kits. By having a spares kit in the classroom,
experiments can be varied. In addition misplaced or damaged items
can be replaced quickly without any downtime.
Statics topic / experiment trays
– EF-1.1 – Forces
– EF-1.2 – Moments
– EF-1.3 – Beams
– EF-1.4 – Springs
– EF-1.5 – Torsion
Dynamics topic / experiment tray
– EF-2.2 – Simple Harmonic Motion
Kinematics topic / experiment trays
– EF-3.2 – Simple Mechanisms
– EF-WS – Workstation
– EF1-Spares – Spares
- EF- experiment tray/s to build experiments. See selection under related products
- Level and stable work surface to mount the EF-BU upon. The optional EF-WS is ideal for this if no suitable desk or benchis available
Packed and crated shipping specifications
Gross weight: 10Kg
Note: The dimensions given are for the Base Unit in its flat
- EF-BU – Base Unit
- EF-WS – Workstation (optional)
- EF Topic experiment trays (see related products for ordering codes)