EF-2.4 – Dynamics – Potential and Kinetic Energy
The EF-2.4 – Potential and Kinetic Energy experiments kit enables students to understand the difference between potential and kinetic energy
The Engineering Fundamentals range enables students to gain an understanding of the principles of engineering by the process of learning via experimentation.
The EF-2.4 – Potential and Kinetic Energy experiments kit enables students to understand the difference between potential and kinetic energy and how it can transform from one to the other. The kit contains a flywheel, a pendulum and set of springs.
The kit will allow students to verify Hooke’s law, teach them about energy transfer from potential to kinetic energy using a simple pendulum as well as using a flywheel to show the energy transfer from potential to kinetic and that it can be transferred back again via storage and release.
Engineering fundamentals system
The modular tray-based system is supplied in conjunction with a multifunctional work panel enabling the student to conduct their own experiments in subjects such as statics, dynamics, mechanisms and kinematics.
Each kit is supplied with a highly visual user-friendly operational guide, allowing the student to understand the theory of the subject by the application of practical experimentation.
Features & Benefits
- Neatly presented in an easily identifiable and durable storage tray
- Trays have clear lids making it easy to see their contents
- Pictorial tray contents list to identify missing components easily
- Accompanied by a detailed manual with various practical exercises
- Clear and concise assembly instructions for each experiment
- Multiple experiments per kit
- Toolless assembly
- Hands-on understanding from lesson
- Improve the student’s dexterity by self-assembly with the instructions provided
- Kinetic and potential energy in a pendulum
- Elastic (potential) energy in a spring
- Kinetic energy in a flywheel
- Energy transfers
- Overcoming losses
- 500mm cord T-end
- 1000mm cord T-end
- 300mm cord w/o carabiner
- 250g weights set on hanger
- Magnetic ruler 300mm/12”
- Magnetic indicator
- Compression spring 0.05n/mm
- Compression spring 0.07n/mm
- Stainless steel ruler 300mm/12”
- EF-BU Base Unit
- EF-BU on which to build the experiment from the tray components
- Level and stable work surface to mount the EF-BU upon. The optional EF-WS is ideal for this if no suitable desk or bench is available.
PACKED AND CRATED SHIPPING SPECIFICATIONS
Volume: 2.0m³ per tray
Gross Weight: 5.0kg per tray
Length: 0.430m per tray
Width: 0.312m per tray
Height: 0.080m per tray
- EF-2.4 – Potential and Kinetic Energy
- EF-BU – Base Unit
- EF-WS – Workstation (optional)