SV801 – Unsymmetrical Cantilever Apparatus
The SV801 Unsymmetrical Cantilever Apparatus allows the vertical and horizontal deflections of the free end of a test specimen to be measured when loading occurs along a principle axis or at a known angle.
The SV801 Unsymmetrical Cantilever Apparatus allows the vertical and horizontal deflections of the free end of a test specimen to be measured when loading occurs along a principle axis or at a known angle. A solid compact base holds a rigid vertical end support for the clamping of three cantilevers.
Each cantilever can be attached into the rigid support via a chuck, which allows angular adjustment of the specimens.
The chuck also creates a rigid end fixing for the cantilevers when under test. The angular orientation of the specimens can be read off using the integral angular scale.
Three test cantilevers are supplied, in the form U, L and rectangular. The free end of the cantilever has vertical point loads applied using hangers and weights. The free end movement is measured using digital deflection indicators, which have their anvils resting on a cantilever boss.
The cantilever boss allows for offset point loading for shear centre work using the attachment supplied.
- Rectangular specimen: 500 (L) x 20 (W) x 10 (H) mm
- L specimen: 500 (L) x 25.4 (L) x 25.4 (W) x 3.175 (t) mm
- U specimen: 500 (L) x 21 (L) x 40 (H) x 5 (t) mm
- Protractor scale: 360°, 5° increments
- Digital deflection indicators:
- 0.01mm resolution
- 12.7mm travel
- zero function
Features & Benefits
- Sturdy, compact bench top unit
- Three test beams supplied as standard
- 360° adjustment in one degree increments
- Free end deflection measured relative to its fixed end
- Shear Centre part of standard arrangement
- Full set of weights and hangers supplied
- Vertical and horizontal deflection of unsymmetrical cantilevers
- Mohr’s circle
- Moment of area
- Shear centre location
- Comparison between actual and theoretical results
- 1 x SV801 Unsymmetrical Cantilever Apparatus
- 3 x Specimens
- 1 x Load ring assembly
- 2 x Dial gauge
- 1 x Pointer assembly
- 1 x Ring assembly
- 1 x Horizontal bar
- 2 x Load hanger
- 1 x Hex wrench set
- 1 x Chain
- 2 x Dial gauge extension
- Instruction manual
- Packing list
- Test sheet
PACKED AND CRATED SHIPPING SPECIFICATIONS
Gross Weight: 26kg
- SV801: Unsymmetrical Cantilever Apparatus