F1-25-MKII Demonstration Pelton Turbine
The Demonstration Pelton Turbine provides a simple low-cost introduction to turbine performance.
This accessory comprises a miniature Pelton wheel with a spear-valve arrangement mounted on a support frame which fits onto the hydraulics bench top channel. Mechanical output from the turbine is absorbed using a simple friction dynamometer. Pressure at the spear-valve is indicated on a remote gauge.
A non-contacting tachometer is supplied which will be used to determine the speed of the Pelton wheel. Basic principles of the Pelton turbine may be demonstrated and with appropriate measurements, power produced and efficiency may be determined.
Speed range: 0-1800 rpm
Brake power: 10W
Pressure gauge range: 0-1 Bar / 0-15 PSI
Force balance range: 2×0-20 N spring balance
Number of Pelton buckets: 24
Diameter of Pelton wheel: 130mm
Requires Hydraulics Bench Service unit F1-10/F1-10-2
Features & Benefits
- To determine the operating characteristics of a Pelton Turbine
- Performance charts of power, speed, torque and efficiency
- Turbine output torque v rotor speed
- Turbine output power v rotor speed
- Turbine overall efficiency v rotor speed