F1-11 Dead Weight Calibrator
This dead weight calibrator functions on the same principle adopted in calibrating industrial pressure gauges.
This calibrator functions on the same principle adopted in calibrating industrial pressure gauges.
The Dead Weight Calibrator consists of a precision-machined piston and cylinder assembly mounted on leveling screws.
A Bourdon gauge is supplied for calibration. The weights supplied are added to the upper end of the piston rod, which is rotated to minimise friction effects.
The gauge is thus subject to known pressures, which may be compared with the gauge readings and an error curve drawn.
- Pressure gauge: Bourdon tube
- range 0 to 200 KN/m2 (kPa)
- Area of piston: 244.8 x 10-6 m2
- Mass of piston: 0.5kg
- Ancillary masses: 2x 0.5kg, 1.0kg and 2.5kg
Features & Benefits
- To calibrate a Bourdon type pressure gauge and to determine the gauge errors
- To determine the measurement errors in the reference pressure source used for calibration