FT32 Laboratory Drum Dryer
A laboratory-scale drum dryer, designed for food, chemical and pharmaceutical research. The FT32 can be used for both process development and new product research demonstrating various applications of a drum dryer
The Armfield Laboratory Drum Dryer is designed for food, chemical and pharmaceutical research.
The equipment is supplied fully assembled and ready for connection to site services. The liquid to be dried is fed into the valley created by the two drums, where it is applied to the drums as they rotate together, the dry product is removed by a knife on each drum.
The unit is constructed from stainless steel, providing hygienic surfaces that are resistant to chemical attack. The drums are hard chrome plated to ensure maximum heat transfer and the ability to scale up results to production-sized equipment.
The main drive is shaft mounted and its speed is adjusted by an electronic inverter in the control panel.
- Drum size: 300mm diameter x 300mm long
- Drying duty Max material feed rate 45 kg/hr Max water evaporated 30 kg/hr Steam consumption 40 kg/hr @ 6 bar
- Max Operating temperature 162°C max
- Pressure 5.5 bar max
Features & Benefits
- Max material feed rate 45 kg/hr
- The drums are hard chrome plated to ensure maximum heat transfer
- The equipment is supplied fully assembled
- Designed for food, chemical and pharmaceutical research
You need to be registered to download this. Click here to continue.
- Food stuffs
- Fruit & vegetables
- Yeast u Brewing
- Baby food
- Instant cereals
- Starches & flours
- Pet foods
- Dye stuffs
- Ceramic slips
- Pharmaceutical research
FT32-20: Vapour extraction system
- This is fitted above the dryer and draws the vapours produced when drying away through the fan and duct assembly.
FT32-21: Feed system
- The stainless steel feed tank and variable-speed pump deliver the material to be dried through a flexible pipeline to the dryer feed.
FT32-24: Feed Roll Assembly
- This assembly of 3+1 feed rolls allows you to turn the double drum into a Single Cylinder Feed Roll Dryer, representative of production scale drum dryers.
FT32-25: Feed System Mixer
- A stainless steel, paddle-type mixer mounted on the feed tank on a hinged lid. This enables any particles in the feed to remain in suspension and reduces settling within the feed tank.
FT32-26: Pressure Reducing Valve Assembly
- This comprises a pressure reducing valve to reduce the incoming pressure of the steam supply to that necessary for the dryer. Also included is a steam safety valve for safe discharge in the event of over pressurisation. This has a manual easing valve if needed to dissipate the steam safely.
Packed and created shipping specifications
FT32-C: 415V / 3ph / 50Hz
FT32-D: 208V / 3ph / 60Hz
FT32-E: 380V / 3ph / 50Hz
FT32-F: 220V / 3ph / 60Hz