FEL6 – Demonstration Lysimeter
The Armfield FEL6 lysimeter consists of three 300mm diameter containers in which a variety of crop types can be grown in any soil type.
Each container can then in turn be placed on a hydraulically mounted plate, which is used to monitor system weight changes arising from evapotranspiration, precipitation and drainage.
Despite its simplicity, the apparatus has a high degree of sensitivity and may be used for student project work as well as for demonstration purposes.
Features & Benefits
- Study of the evapotranspiration measurement by use of a lysimeter
- Study of a lysimeter operation
- Determine lysimeter sensitivity to gains and losses in weight at different manometer angles and to relate this to gains or losses in water
- Demonstrate the components of the soil-plant-water system using the lysimeter
- Measuring the variations of water loss or gain from the soil and plant due to evapotranspiration, precipitation and drainage processes
- Demonstrate the principles of relationships between reference crop evapotranspiration, maximum and actual evapotranspiration
- Determination of the plants water usage
- Determine changes in diurnal evapotranspiration as measured by the lysimeter
Demonstration Lysimeter Apparatus comprising:
- Base and inner disc to support soil filled container and plant, resting on a hydraulic sensing device located in the base that is connected to a graduated water column mounted above the lysimeter
- Complete with spare plant containers
- Complete with instruction manual
Cold water supply
PACKED AND CRATED SHIPPING SPECIFICATIONS
Gross Weight: 100kg