HT37 – Extended Reconfigurable Heat Exchanger
The HT37 is designed to be reconfigurable by the student and can accommodate up to four sections of heating. Each section provides an additional temperature measurement point for each fluid stream.
The HT37 is designed to be reconfigurable by the student and can accommodate up to four sections of heating. Each section provides an additional temperature measurement point for each fluid stream. In order to make the unit easy to reconfigure, these sections are supplied as pre-assembled groups of plates complete with an intermediate plate (containing the temperature measurement points). Using the four heating sections provided, students can compare heat exchangers of different heat transfer area and different numbers of passes. A quick release clamp system enables the different arrangements to be changed quickly and easily without using tools.
Also supplied is a pre-assembled regeneration section to demonstrate this important energy efficient method of heating. The regeneration section can be used in conjunction with one, two or three of the standard heating sections in different configurations.
Plate heat exchangers can be implemented in a wide variety of configurations, with parallel passes, serial passes, or combinations of both. For more advanced investigations into these effects, (e.g. for project work) a further twelve loose plates are supplied with the HT37.
These can be used in conjunction with the plates from the pre-assembled modules to investigate these other configurations.
- Number of plates:
- 5, 10, 15 or 20 (no regeneration)
- 6, 11, 16 or 21 (with regeneration)
- Heat transfer area: 0.096m²
- Heat exchanger configuration: Configurable sections, with a separate regeneration section
- Temperature measurements points 10 off:
- Hot fluid inlet
- Hot fluid interim positions (up to 3)
- Hot fluid outlet
- Cold fluid inlet
- Cold fluid interim positions (up to 3)
- Cold fluid outlet
- Clamping mechanism: Dual screw threads with nuts
Features & Benefits
- A small scale plate heat exchanger system for use with an Armfield Heat Exchange Service Unit to teach the fundamental concepts of heat exchangers
- Comprises a number of stainless steel plates, each with a pressed chevron pattern and a food grade silicon rubber sealing gasket, mounted in a frame
- Easily dismantled for cleaning
- A comprehensive instruction manual is included
HT30XC Computer controlled service unit
The plates used in these heat exchangers have been specifically developed by Armfield for use in miniature heat exchanger systems. They are fabricated from 316 stainless steel, with a pressed chevron pattern to promote turbulence and provide multiple support points.
Silicone rubber gaskets are used on each plate to seal the adjacent flow channels from each other.
Plate overall dimensions: 75mm x 115mm
Effective diameter: 3.0mm
Plate thickness: 0.5mm
Wetted perimeter: 53.0mm
Projected heat transmission area: 0.008m² per plate
The plates are mounted in a frame incorporating fixed and moving end plates with connections for hot and cold fluids. The exchangers are easily dismantled for inspection of the heat transfer surfaces.
PACKED AND CRATED SHIPPING SPECIFICATIONS
Gross Weight: 6Kg